Sunday, February 2, 2014

Challenge Winners and Survey Results

First off, I was going to post a project today, but will save it till later.  I want to thank all who emailed me their survey and left  it in the comments.  I read each and everyone of them and recorded the results.  Before we get to that, I want to thank all who entered our challenge.  I am hoping in the future more will enter.  The winners of our Top 3 Crafters button picked by random.org are:

#7  Cocoas Mom  http://iamcocoasmom.blogspot.com

#1  Just Jill           http://jrugg.blogspot.com

#8  Emily             http://molliesmugblog.blogspot.com
I will be sending your button later in the day.

Now for the survey. I wish I could quote lots of the comments good and bad, but not enough space here.

Now I will give you the results and I think many are excited and that is good. I loved reading all the comments. Many have the opinion I do, that they need to upgrade the E2 like was promised and not happy with yet another machine!

#1 Are you excited about Cricut's announcement of the new machine?  Yes 9  No 11 Undecided 1 and Do not care either way  2

#2 Would you like to see Exploring Cricut expand so you can use svg files?  Yes 19 No 3 Undecided 1

#3 Would you like to have the option to use any Cricut machine, Cricut Explore, Silhouette Cameo, Pazzles etc?  Yes 15   No 6  Undecided 2

#4 Would you enter challenges if we expanded our format to include these other machines and files?
Yes 16  No 4  Undecided 3

#5 Would you be interested in a Exploring Cricut and More facebook group where you could post questions and projects?
Yes 18  No 4  No opinion 1

I had a couple people state that they did not want to see us change to the svg files, but Cricut is changing so if we do not change then, we will not be moving forward.  Now I do plan starting in March to open this blog to Cricut and any other die cutting machine and you can use SVG files.  I do plan on keeping it die cuts and if I get participation in challenges they will continue.  I know a few people stated they would leave if we got away from being Cricut only and for that I am sorry.  I think we can continue to give you tips and great inspiration only now on a wider scale.  I personally have no plans to buy the machine, but I know some of the members of the design team will buy it so we still will be showcasing what you can do with it along with others and open the field to wonderful projects.  For ones of you who do not support this decision, I want to thank you for visiting our blog and hope you will drop in and take a look.  I am looking forward to see what projects are created in this new realm of crafting.  I know I love working with SVG files.  Thanks again for taking the survey and you can always email me with your questions and comments.  Tomorrow, join us for another great Cricut inspiration.
Diane

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners! And wow! Thanks Diane for all the info. Even though I don't have a machine that cuts SVG files at this time, I am looking forward to seeing all of the projects and ideas in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will allow us to inspire and reach more viewers. Thanks for always being supportive!!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Cocoas Mom, Jill and Emily!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats everyone!
    Diane I completely support your decision to move forward.
    People must remember that you do not have to have one specific machine to get inspiration from the creations you and your team create.
    I personally have both Cricut and Silhouette.
    If I do not have a specific cut someone shows I can always look for something similar in the stuff I do own.
    A few questions.
    Will we be able to use die cuts from manual machines?
    Can we combine stamped images with our die cuts?
    Have a wonderful day.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D,
      Thanks for your continued support, it means so much. Thanks for your questions and yes, you may cut die cuts from manual machines as well and include stamped images with your diecuts. I still want to keep the main focus on die cuts, but will welcome all projects. In March we will start this new format and look forward to seeing many projects from you in the future. My main goal when I started this blog 4 years ago was to inspire and now we are going a step forward with Cricut announcing their change so it means Exploring Cricut and More as I will refer in the future to us, needs to embrace the change as well. I am looking very forward to learning and discovering more ways for us to create cards, layouts, and paper crafts. Thanks again, Diane

      Delete
  4. Congrats to the winners! I am looking forward to this change too! Thanks for all you do and share Diane!
    have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get to participate in the survey, but I am happy about your decision to move forward with more digital crafting. I purchased a Silhouette recently after about a year of saying I wouldn't. However, the more cute SVG's I saw and the things you can do with the fonts and shadowing just made it so appealing. I downloaded the software for free to see if I liked it before buying the machine. I look forward to entering more of your challenges.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!