Sunday, July 27, 2014

Meet Our New DT Member and A Sunday Project

Welcome to our Sunday project. Now that we have a full team, we will be bringing you projects 7 days a week!!! Diane here sharing today with you, but before I show you my project, I would like to introduce the newest member of our team. Katrina is joining us and she has been a loyal follower and has been participating in the challenges for awhile now.  I will let her share a little information about herself and I hope that you will stop by her blog and welcome her to our little family. 

"I am so excited to be a part of the Exploring Cricut and More Design Team!  I hope to share some of my “scrappy” ideas with you and maybe give some inspiration as so many have inspired me here!
“Research,” as my son and husband call it, is one of my favorite pastimes.  I am entertained and inspired by paper crafting videos.  I especially enjoy the mixed media projects.
My favorite thing about Cricut dies is I get to control the size and choice of my die cuts.   Working in some mixed media, as well as cards, it is so wonderful to create what I want and not design around the size of the dies that come in a package or from a punch
I adore my family, friends, photography, horses, music, and paper!  When I can combine two or more from that list, I’m ecstatic!
My favs:  periwinkle, bread, ice cream, coffee, flip flops, jeans, Brahms, Donny Osmond, and a day without a clock! 
"My blog is located at www.scrappyhorses.blogspot.com

Welcome Katrina!!! Now for a Sunday project to share with you.  Ok, I got a Cricut Explore this week.  I figured since my friends liked it so well, I would give it a try.  I made this card with my Cameo first and then went back and remade it again with the Cricut Explore.  I have to admit I like it and it cuts good.  I think there is lots that could be done to improve the software, but I am sure it will come in time.  For this card, I used files from SVG Cuts Box Cards and this is the Strawberry card.  I totally love it and all the details are on my blog.  Be sure to join us here first thing in the morning for the start of our challenge and blog hop.  We can't wait to show you all the things we have in store this week for you.  Prizes and lots of cool projects to share.  It is not too early to start thinking about those presents and what is better than homemade......nothing, cause it comes from the heart.  See you then!!!


11 comments:

  1. Welcome Katrina!
    Diane~ your card in a box is BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Excited to be a part of Exploring Cricut and More!

      Delete
  2. Welcome Katrina! I've visited your blog before! So glad to have you on the team! Diane, I love that strawberry box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! I can't wait to get started!

      Delete
  3. Welcome Katrina! Great box card, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Katrina!!
    Love your strawberry box card Diane!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Katrina!!!
    Love the strawberry box cards Diane! TFS
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Katrina! Beautiful boxes Diane!!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!