Saturday, September 27, 2014

New Cricut Explore Print then Cut feature

Hello and Happy Saturday all! This week Cricut released the new Print then Cut feature in the Cricut Explore. Even though this is a feature I might not use a lot, but glad to know it is here.  I have the Silhouette Cameo which has this feature and I really have had no luck getting it to work properly and have watch numerous videos.  I have to say that this feature on the Cricut Explore is so easy to use.  First you will need to update and calibrate your machine and it will guide you through the process.  Now when you go to upload your images, you will find a tab in the filter that says printables.  I just scanned it a little bit and found this thank you tag from a set called Chalkboard Tags.  I placed three on the mat as shown in the first picture.
Once I size and hit go it brought up the mat like in this picture and it started printing in my printer.
This is how the sheet looked like when it came out of my printer and I just have a cheap HP that came with my laptop I got last December, but does a great job for me and the ink is reasonable.
I put it on my mat and it cut these out so perfect and they are great to use on some little thank you gifts.  If you are on the fence about purchasing this machine, I have to say that I was like that because I felt so disappointed with Cricut.  The new CEO is making sure that the customers needs are being addressed and listening to what we have to say.  After seeing and reading many things, I decided to get this machine and I have to say, it is amazing.  The cut is so good and I think it is the new blade.  I have no complaints on the machine at all.  Right now I am still waiting for them to fix the problem with uploading my Gypsy to CCR so I can use the 300 plus cartridges, but I call and they are still working and have extended the membership.  I love that I can use SVGs from any company.  I applaud Cricut for going in the positive direction and listening to the customer.  Be sure to join me and a few of my friends for a very special week starting Monday....

3 comments:

  1. I love your tags! .. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know Cricut is working to address those issues-I may upgrade now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!!! Can't wait for my Explore to get here. I haven't tried the print and cut on the Silhouette. But I will try using the Explore!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!