Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday's Birthday Celebration!!!

Hello! Welcome to our Tuesday Birthday Celebration. Today two of my friends are joining in with wonderful projects for this celebration week. Be sure to enter our challenge for a chance to win some wonderful projects. Now here are today's creations!


This is Michelle from www.cricutcrazyscrapper.blogspot.com   Since we are celebrating birthdays this week at Exploring Cricut,  I used the Birthday Bash and Create A Critter 2 cartridges to make this birthday card for my niece.  It's a fun little card when you want something "punny"!

I used the Birthday Bash cartridge to cut the shaped card base at 4 1/4 inches.  I cut two of the scallop mats (also from Birthday Bash) in two different prints and cut each in half, with some ribbon across the center visually connect them.  The cute little party bird is from Create A Critter 2, cut at 3 inches.  I added a little bling to his party hat…because what is a birthday party without some bling?  I stamped my Happy bird-day sentiment and hand cut the little banners.  I did a little more quick stamping inside to finish it all off.  Quick, easy, and cute!



 Happy Birthday to Exploring Cricut and More!     Katrina here from www.scrappyhorses.blogspot.com   There's such a great celebration over here and I'm so happy to have been invited to the party! 

Since it's a birthday, I decided to share a present and wrapping I made for my sister.  Now, for those of you who follow my blog you may be thinking you saw her birthday card weeks ago!  (You'll notice a color theme here!  These are her favorite colors.)  Yes, you did; her birthday was in September.  We always celebrate all the fall birthdays together at one time in the middle of October.  Ok, I realize that was probably more info than you needed about my family's celebration habits, so on with the project!  ; )



The actual necklace was made from the Base and Bling Collection at CTMH.  The Base and Bling pieces include:  Faux Silver Chain, Faux Silver Square Pendant, Square Glass Cover, Storyteller Sheet, Rhinestone Charm, and Storyteller Charm.  I added a couple of jewelry rings from my stash.  For directions on making this necklace see this video.


I made the display card from CTMH Olive and Sweet leave cardstock.  I cut a piece of cereal box the same size as the Sweet Leaf piece of CS and glued it all together.  I punched a couple of small holes and cut slits on the diagonal to the holes.  To keep the chain in place I found a little bag with self sealer and stuck the remaining chain in and just stuck down the self sealing part.  I never throw anything away.....does this make me a hoarder?  Yikes, oh well.....in this case it worked out well!
Now for moment you've been waiting for.......The Wrapping!!!!
 This sweet little pillow box is from the Wrap it Up cartridge.  I used CTMH Ivy Lane (retired) papers.  I cut the little flower from the same CS's as above.  The little flower is cut with a hole in the middle.  I simply cut two.  I tipped them in Smokey Plum ink and curled the petals a bit.  I used a bit of scrap tulle and tied it around the box.  I knotted it 3 times to give it a large knot and pulled the knot through the hole in the flower.  I then trimmed off the excess tulle.  EASY!!

Have a great time at the party!  Be sure to enter our challenge and join in our FUN!!!!

6 comments:

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!