Saturday, October 11, 2014

Wedding Gift

Well my project for today was almost gone before I snapped a quick photo lol.  Last Saturday was my brother in law and new sister in laws wedding and I had made this picture for them as one of their gifts.  I completely forgot to take a picture of it till after I put the frame back into the box and was ready to wrap.  My excuse for the bad photo, but you can see the end result.  I took burlap and made this monogram from a design from My Vinyl Designer  on my Cricut Explore and added their names and wedding date.  I used heat transfer vinyl and my heat press.  I was not sure how this was going to work, but turned out fine.  I used a 12 x 12 square of burlap that I got at Hobby Lobby and this frame was a 11 x 14 so the inside was 8 x 10.  I positioned the vinyl on the burlap, heated my heat press to 330 degrees and pressed for about 12 seconds.  I then positioned the vinyl on a piece of cardboard to fit just inside the mat of the frame and sprayed some adhesive and secured it.  The picture looks a little sideways, but it was my angle taking the picture in a hurry is the reason.  I am going to make another one of these for a friend since this one worked.  Don't you love it when something goes the way you envisioned it!!!  Join me Tuesday of next week for another project.  I got a couple new cartridges to share some new projects.  We have a big week coming up the week of October 20 so be sure to keep watching.  Details coming soon!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I so love this Diane!!! It is beautiful! It is fabulous on that burlap!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. Love the burlap look

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful. I bet they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love! Has my brain whirling with ideas and possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!