Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Few Christmas Ornaments

Hello and welcome to Exploring Cricut and More. Today I am sharing some ornaments with you. My plan was to have more than this, but I had a shot to which I had a reaction and it caused severe headaches so I didn't get anymore crafting done. Good thing is that it is finally getting better. I will have some more later to share.  Today I will be sharing 4 different ornaments.  Under each picture is the description and how I did them.
This first one was one I was thinking about the other night when I could not sleep.  I always seem to get ideas when I can't sleep.  This is a large 4 inch plastic clear ornament that I used Pledge Floor wax and fine white glitter.  I have been doing these kinds of ornaments for several years and they hold up really good.  I made the hat from an svg file from SVG Cuts Christmas Open House and used my Cricut Explore.  I also cut the snowman features using different snowmen from Snowfriends cartridge.  I used vinyl for the features.  Now I did not have any orange vinyl so I cut the nose in white and took my orange sharpie and colored it.  Just let it dry completely before you put it on.
This next ornament is really easy.  I did the same glitter in the ornament with Pledge and used Martha Stewart fine glitter in Cherry.  This is a glass ornament.  I just used some scor tape and attached the ribbon around it with a ribbon slide I got at Hobby Lobby.  I also added some jewels around the top and added a ribbon. 
This one is not quite finished, but wanted to show you how cute he is.  This is one of the flat plastic ornaments that I used the Pledge glitter method and added this cute Grinch face.  This was a file shared on the Facebook group Let's Learn Cricut Explore that I am in.  If you have not joined any of the Facebook groups, you should.  There are several for both Cricut and Silhouette.  I live in a small town and 65 miles away from the nearest big chains, so I want some green boa to go around the top and I know my little granddaughter will love this one!
This last ornament is an acrylic house that I got from Punch Place Plus along with the key.  This comes with a kit that included the ribbon too.  It is clear and I added vinyl to it.  This is great for the houses with no chimney that you can leave for Santa.  I plan on making a couple more in other variations that I will share with you later.  The belt and wording is all vinyl too and very easy to make.  Be sure to check out all the great stuff from Punch Place Plus.  I will be doing a big blog post soon showing you some wonderful products they sell and what you can make with them!!!!  Join me on Saturday when I will be exploring a new Cricut cartridge for you!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, these are wonderful! I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, these are awesomeness for sure Diane!!! I so love all of them. The snowman is just way to cute. Love Santa's suit. That Grinch is most fabulous!!! And the key holder is just perfect!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!