Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy November 1st

Hello and can you believe it is November already!!! The weather here is Kentucky was not so great for the Trick or Treat children with cold, rain and snow . Now time to turn our thoughts to this holiday season and all the things we want to make before our time slips away. I will be doing several projects in the next few weeks that I hope you will enjoy.  Today I am sharing a wreath I made entirely with paper with the exception of the ribbon to hang it with.  This was fun and easy to make and I made it with scraps that I had in my stash.  Lots of pictures and descriptions under them.
This is the finished project which was really quick to put together.  Took around an hour.
I used the Cricut Explore and cut this circle from the new Days and Dates cartridge. I cut it at 9.5 inches.  It was circle#96 and I cut it from a heavy chipboard since I wanted it to be the base of the wreath.
I removed the inside and used the outside part.  The weight of my chipboard was heavy enough that I only needed one. 
I then cut pennants from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge at 7, 6, and 4 x 1inch.  You can find a pennant on several different cartridges.  I like this one because it was scored and folded great.
This is how they looked when folded.  I cut way too many so I will be using them on future projects lol.  I also trimmed some down a quarter inch and doubled some.  Gave a extra look to them.
I started layering them around the circle and overlapping some so that the base would not show.
I cut the Happy Thanksgiving out of cardstock and chipboard to make it stiff.  I used Sesame St. Elmo and Friends cartridge and cut at 9 inches.  I added stickles to the Thanksgiving which you can see in the final picture. 
The bow was a free on in the Make It Now (pencil case) and it was 8 inches.
I put it all together and added a ribbon to hang with and will make a nice decor for my craft room.  This is a project the kids could help with and would be fun to see the different combinations.  The pattern papers were from an old WeR Memory fall stack.  Be sure to join me Tuesday for another project.

4 comments:

  1. What a great looking, fun Fall wreath. I LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! And it's so easy to assemble. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Diane!!! Loving it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!