Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Little Frozen Review

Happy Saturday! Today I am reviewing the new release in Cricut Design Space of the Frozen cartridge.  Right now this is only available through Design Space, but should be in cartridge form in January or abouts.  Due to an unexpected being out of town a couple days, I did not get as many projects completed as I planned.  While I do love the cartridge, I feel (my opinion only) that this is more for print and cut.  The first thing I did is cut out some cardstock  images.
I cut Olaf at 6.5 inches and he was no problem putting together at all.  So next I cut Elsa at 6.5 and no way could I even see some of the pieces and they were so small they did not cut good even after trying several different cardstocks.  I jumped to 9 inches and she did better, but the mouth and eyes and the stars in her hair were still very tiny.  Lost the mouth and colored in the stars lol. The snowflakes were cut at 2.5 inches and some little pieces, but I managed to get them together.  The title was cut at 8.5 and not an issue at all.  I think most things cut larger will work.
Here is a finished layout that I created using these cut outs and some Bo Bunny papers.
Next I made a floating ornament using vinyl and cut it out and put it on  clear craft plastic and put inside the ornament with some snow.  My snow stuck too much in front and I cut this at 2 inches and maybe should have gone down a little more.  No issues on vinyl.

Next I did a couple print then cut on printable vinyl and both Elsa and Anna were cut at 2 inches.  I love how the Cricut Explore prints then cuts.  It is so precise and easy to do.  The snowflakes were cut at .75 from vinyl and that was really small but I knew it would be too big otherwise.  My vote is that it is a great cartridge and I need to try paper cutting more images to see how they do.  This is kind of like our Princess cartridges with those small parts.  I know my little one will love these ornaments.  Please join me Tuesday for some more Christmas gift ideas.

6 comments:

  1. WOW Love what you did with this Frozen Cartridge your LO is adorable and love of your other Fab & Fun crafty things you made using Frozen. I too purchased the digital and will get the physical cartridge when it comes out in 2015 I make 8 gift tags using all the Elsa only cuts and extra snowflakes but so far have only did the print and cut haven't had a chance to make anything for scrapbooking yet. Loved your review of this cartridge and will be using it on my Expression too as I use all my Cricut Machines and the Explore I use mostly for the creative things that can't be done on the other Cricuts. I still love using cartridge just something special about it. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love so much I can't 'let it go!' I have to find some time to lift some of these ideas!! Thanks for sharing all your Frozen projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing projects! Your ornaments are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this cartridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects. And I have to agree with you and the print 'n cut vs. actual cut 'n layering. I haven't bought the cartridge but have bought a couple of the shapes and no way could I deal with some of the intricate pieces so I've just print 'n cut for my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are totally awesome Diane!!! I so love each cut. That layout is most fabulous!!! And the ornaments are outstanding! I don't have the Cricut subscription so I guess I'll wait until I get buy the cartridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! That Frozen cartridge is gonna be popular!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!