Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday Review....Valentine's Day New Cartridge & layout #10

Hello and welcome. This week Cricut released the new Valentine's Day cartridge. This was previously released to some online stores, but now everyone can enjoy it and get those Valentine projects ready. Today I am sharing a few things that I made using images from the cartridge. I really liked the images and some had several layers, but you can choose if you want to use them all or not.  I used the Cricut Explore to make all of these and you will find the information under each picture.
My first project is a doll shirt.  I used the I love you sign and only used two layers of it and used HTV and my heat press.  I cut the design at 3.5 inches.  The shirt can be purchased at Punch Place Plus and you can go to them by clicking the link on the side bar of my blog.  They have these in 5 colors.  I know my little granddaughter will love this shirt for her American Girl doll.
This is a card that is in the cartridge, but I did this one from the Make It Now.  It was so easy and is a A2 card.  I used pattern paper from Hobby Lobby and CTMH cardstock. 
For my garden flag, I used the love design and only did it in two layers.  I was a little low on HTV colors so I used a metallic silver and red on this.  The bow is just there for the picture, I need to get some other ribbon before I put this out.  I cut the design 12 inches.  I also used the heat press for this.
The last design is also my challenge #10 layout along with show you a page with the different elements.  For the title I cut is 6 inches, cupid was cut 4 inches, xo was 5 inches and it had slits so I used it as my border by adding some ribbon and the doily heart was cut 3.5 inches.  I plan on putting the date on it.  I really liked this cartridge and plan on using some other things from it later on.  I hope you enjoyed this review and I will have another layout for my challenge tomorrow, but will be back here on Tuesday for layout Tuesday.  If there are any cartridges you would like me to review for you, please email me at happyscrapperdiane@yahoo.com and I will try to do it.  Also be sure to tell your friends to like our blog because when I reach 1000 followers, I will be sending a Cricut filled box to someone. 

3 comments:

  1. Super great thing you created with this new Valentine's Day cartridge It is cool....I haven't had a chance to play with it yet...but you sure did come up with so many Fab & Fun ideas love them all.
    Thanks for showcasing this cartridge! YOU so ROCK!!

    Joan Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking projects! Looks like another cartridge that I need!!

    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects Diane!! Your granddaughter is going to love that doll shirt. And that card is beautiful. Love the envelope, too. And the flag is great!! Going to look wonderful displayed. Your layout is just fabulous!! Love that doily!! And the title is great. :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!