Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome to 2015!!!

Happy New Year!! Can you believe we are starting a new year? I think time is surely flying by too fast. I want to thank all of you wonderful crafters for following Exploring Cricut and More this year and welcome to our new members. I have seen our Facebook page grow by over 600 people in the last couple months and I so appreciate it and hope you like my projects. Today I am sharing this home decor idea with you.  I had my husband cut me some pine wood blocks in size 3.5 x 4 inches.  I gave them a little sanding and gave them a base coat of white paint.  I did take some wood glue and put these together.  For this side, I used some scrapbook paper and modge podged it on.  I used my Cricut Explore and cut the snowflake from Frozen at 3.25 inches and the letters from Winter Woodland at 2.5 inches.  I added a little stickles to the letters to make them glisten.  The bow has snowflakes on it and I used velcro to attach it to the top so that it can be removed and another added when I display the other side of the blocks...... coming soon!  I hope you like this quick and easy project.  You are getting two projects today.
I am on a Facebook page called Scrapbook Layouts and they are having a 30 day challenge.  You all know that I am terribly behind in my grandchildrens albums so I am going to take that challenge.....or at least attempt it!  I am going to a crop this weekend and plan on getting a few done so that will help.  For this layout, I used both the Cricut Explore and my Silhouette Cameo.  A girl can never have enough die cutting machine lol.  I actually have two computers in my craft room so I had them going at the same time.  I can multitask for sure!  With the Explore, I cut the Baby Fish from PPBN Designs at 3.5 inches and the baby seashorse from Miss Kate Cuttables at 4 inches.  From the Cameo I cut Double the Fun title from Silhouette store at 8 inches, the carousel at 7 inches, I did cut the horses out and use photos instead.  For the date, I used the Postino Std font cut at 2 inches.  I used pattern pater and cardstock from Michaels along with some stickles.  Layout#1 completed!!!

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! OMG girl love your LO page what a super cool, clever, creative, Fab & Fun idea....I am so going to do this.....love your pics they are so precious.....I just love the way you scrap and have fun with all your tools & toys and share all of your tip, tricks and techniques. YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! first post I commented on your LO now I'm commenting on your blocks OMG Girl when I saw them I loved them and then read what it was all about Girl how creative and clever are you...WOW I am so going to do this....what a fun way to have a outstanding decoration all year round!
    You definitely are one super talented gal....YAY and I love that you love your Cricut yet bring in your other creative toys and tool to play with too.......I love it and love what you do!!!! YOU so ROCKK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love the blocks Diane!!! The snowflake is totally awesome! What an adorable layout! The little fish and seahorse are just perfect!! Matches the photos. And I so love that you put pictures on the carousel instead of the horses! Happy New Year!! Enjoy your crop this weekend. And I know you will do great keeping up with the challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your block project. I haven't made one, but hope to this year. Happy new year.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!