Thursday, January 7, 2016

A couple projects for the New Year

Welcome to 2016! I wish everyone a fabulous and creative year of crafting. Well while my year ended and started off badly due to illness, I am not letting it stop me from getting off to a crafting start.  I took a couple days this week and worked a little on my vacation album.  I still haven't finished sorting my Disney pictures, but plan on doing it next week so I can start getting those printed.  Took a couple days to get all the Christmas put away and get the house back in order.  Today, I have a couple projects to share.  My friend has a birthday this week so I wanted to make a card and one of my New Year's crafting resolutions is to try and use some of the supplies I have without going to buy more.  I will achieve that when I get a little better organized instead of putting things in drawers and not where they belong!!! lol  This first card has no machines other than the Cuttlebug and paper trimmer involved.  I had a little envelope that had these pretty little flowers in it and thought they would look good on a card.  Well we all love when HSN floods us with the craft days and on one of those days I purchased these Anna Griffin cuttlebug folders so I decided to give them a try.  I embossed the front and the inside sentiment.  I rubbed a little chalk over the embossed message to show up.  Just added the flowers in the corner and a ribbon and put it on a 5 x 7 card.  I love the way it turned out and took no time at all.  I think this would make a great any event card. 
I am finishing up our trip to St. Louis scrapbook and we visited Grant's Farm.  I loved seeing how big those Clydesdale horses really were and all the animals on the farm.  I did this page with the Silhouette and all the cuts were from the Silhouette store.  I will be back next week with a couple more goodies.  Try getting into those supplies and seeing what you forgot you had and create something exciting!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love both of your projects. The card is beautiful.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!! Love the embossing. Love your layout also

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your card Diane!!! Using chalk on the embossed message was an awesome idea!! Really makes it pop! Your layout is just wonderful!!! I just know you are enjoying scrapbooking ya'lls fabulous trips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the card - will have to try that. Haven't been on for awhile so just catching up on all your cool things. :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!