Thursday, January 14, 2016

Time to get organized in the New Year!

New Year and time to get that craft room organized!!  At least that is one of my things to get accomplished along with lots of projects!  Today I am sharing a couple of organizing 3D projects you can make.  I did create these with the Silhouette Cameo because I purchased the files in the Silhouette Store, but Cricut Explore users, I will give you the information on how to purchase these too.  This first one is a organizer for your Glitter Glue bottles.  If you are like me, those things multiply lol.  I have made 10 of these boxes so far and still need more, but love them. 
This is the 3D Glitter Glue Holder #61993 by Jamielanedesigns.  Now Jamie sells her designs at www.digiplayground.com but I didn't find this one, but if you go to her blog at www.jamielanedesigns.blogspot.com and contact her, she might give you the information to purchase this.  As you see in this first picture, it is only 2 pieces. Just fold on the dotted lines.
I use scor tape on my 3D projects because it holds so much better.  You can see where I put some tape on each ends of the boxes.
When you put them together, they look like this.  You just put the top box inside the bottom and you are done!!!
As you see, I have 3 different kinds of glitter glue to show you they will fit.  I used some cardstock from Close to my Heart that my friend Emily gave me.  Works super. 
This next project just takes 2 sheets of cardstock and is a A2 3D Stationary Box that you can store cards and envelopes in.  This was also in the Silhouette Store #46790 and you can purchase this file at www.digiplayground.com and it is called A2 Stationary Box on that site.  This is a Samantha Walker design and the directions on how to put this together can be found at www.samanthaleewalker.blogspot.com/2013/08/silhouette-cutting-file-tutorial.html   It was not hard at all.  The pieces above is the base of the box.
These pieces are the box trim and I used some more of the CTMH cardstock.  Love it is solid on one side and pattern on another. 
When you put the pieces together this is what the main box looks like.  I also used scor tape on this.
I put the accent pieces on and closed the lid.  You can attach a cute fastner if you want.
This is perfect to store A2 cards and envelopes.  I hope you liked these projects and next week I will show you some Home Decor projects I am working on.  Have a crafty week!!!!

2 comments:

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!