Thursday, September 15, 2016

Vacations over and time to get back to crafting!!!

Hello and welcome. Glad to be home, but we had a fabulous trip. This time we went to Pennsylvania and visited Hershey, Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Gettysburg. I loved them all, but hubby loved Hershey the best!!! Wonderful and delicious place to visit. We got home and did laundry and stuff and I headed out of town again. I went back to my hometown in Ohio for my 45th class reunion. Hubby couldn't make this trip due to work and some changes they were doing, but I had so much fun catching up with old friends.  Well I didn't have much time for crafting so today I worked on a sign I have been wanting to make so I am sharing this with you.  I like working with pine wood because it sands nicely and holds the paint so well and you get no blemishes.  This is a piece I had left over from another project.  I was a 1 x 4 and was 22 inches long. 
I quickly ran sandpaper over the top and the edges to smooth it out and gave it a base coat of Waverly Chalk Paint in Ivory.  I cut out my design that was purchased from the Silhouette Store and applied it after the paint dried.  I used 651 vinyl.  I used the Silhouette Cameo for this cut.
             I then gave it a coat of Waverly chalk paint in Ocean and completely covered it.
When it dried, I gave a second coat.  As you will see in the picture, my e had a wrinkle in it and before I started painting I tried to make sure nothing would leak under it.
When the paint was completely dry, I pulled off the vinyl and tomorrow I will add some wax on it.  Using the pine wood helps because the vinyl will grab it good after a little sanding and the paint doesn't seep.  Well I will see you next week with another project.  I better be getting some scrapping done since I am 3 trips behind!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear that ya'll had a good vacation!!! I love your wood project. I didn't know that about pine wood. I'll keep that in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!