Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Better late!

We had one of those busy weekends out of town for my daughter in laws college graduation and Mother's Day so I totally forgot to post last night due to being wiped out! lol  But I am here with my project and have next week ready so I won't forget.  This is a large sign I made for my bedroom wall because we could not find anything we liked for that space.  I bought this quote from MyVinylDesigner and the board measures 18 x 36 .  I first painted a base coat of being and then added my vinyl and let it set over night to make sure it was down good.  Then I painted over with navy and let dry.  It took two coats.  I used acrylic paint this time and then after it was dry peeled off the vinyl.  It turned out so much better than I imagined.  I distress the entire front and it still needs to be waxed so I will do that this week.  I used the Silhouette for this.  I did play with the new Design Space and really happen to like it.  All my projects for next week will be done by Cricut.  Only thing I miss is the canvas options.  I liked it for sizing my t-shirts.  Till next week happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments, thank you so much! Please include your email so if you win our challenge it will be easy to get in touch with you and we might ask you to be a guest designer for us too!!!